Great Falls Bicycle Club Rides
Classifications and Rules
Classifications All rides will be given a classification of "A" to "D" based on the pace of the ride and the frequency of stops to regroup. "A" rides are slowest; "A" and "B" rides have frequent to semi-frequent stops. On "C" and "D" rides there is no obligation to wait for slower riders if route directions are given.
Click for a list of Road Rides that members may pursue on the Wednesday Night rides, at other times or that you may want to try yourself.
Looking for Ride Leaders!
Contact John Juras or Erin Madison with ride info
if you are willing to lead a club bike ride.
WEEKLY CLUB RIDES HAVE STARTED AGAIN!
Consider joining one to take advantage of pretty nice weather.
Tuesday and Thursday Road Racer training ride. Meet at 5:15 p.m. at Knicker Biker.
Wednesday MTB Ride. No one gets left behind. Meet at 6:30 p.m. Note -- this ride now alternates between North and South Shores. Go to Lewis and Clark Overlook the first, third and fifth Wednesday of each month to ride the South Shore. Meet at the Ryan Dam trailhead the second and fourth day of the month to ride the North Shore.
Every Thursday Road Ride. Easy to moderate pace, 20-30 miles. Meet at 6 p.m. at Knicker Biker.
- Nicely prepared information about the Trail of the Coeur de'Alene loop ride route in Helena's March Newsletter here.
- May 11-12, STOKR (Libby).
- May 12, Unravel the Scratchgravel (Helena).
- May 18, York Burger Boogie.
- May 18-19, TOSRV West, Missoula-Bigfork-Missoula. Again returning to the big loop for 2013 (226 miles over 2 days).
- May 18, 12 Hours of Disco (Salmon, ID).
- June 1, Cow Country Classic (Wolf Creek).
- June 15, Cruise 4 Kids Charity Bike Ride, starts at 10 a.m. near the Post Office in Ulm. Three levels available to ride, 14, 28 and 50 miles.
- June 16, Discovery XC Race (Anaconda).
- June 22, Lemhi Valley Century Ride (Salmon, ID).
- June 25, Ride to Eat.
- June 29-30 Belt to White Sulphur Tour. Participants had such a great time last year that the tour will ride again! Follow the Kings Hill Scenic Byway to White Sulphur and back. Reserve the weekend and plan to join the ride. Event flyer.
- Participants had such a great time last year that the tour will ride again! Follow the Kings Hill Scenic Byway to White Sulphur and back. Reserve the weekend and plan to join the ride. Event flyer to follow.
- June 29, RATPOD (Dillon, MT).
- July 6, Gran Fondo Kootenai (Libby).
- July 13, One Helena Hundred (Cascade).
- July 13-14, Seattle to Portland (Seattle).
- July 20, Chafe 150 (Sandpoint, ID).
- July 21, Last Chance Criterium (Helena).
- July 27, 2013 Butte 100 (Butte).
- Aug. 3-4, Double Divide Ride (Helena).
- Aug. 9-14 BOTOBO (Bozeman to Bountiful, UT).
- Aug. 10, Tour de Koocanusa (Libby).
- ???? Three Rivers Century (Belgrade).
- ???? York 38 Special (York).
- Sept. 7, Special Olympics Pedal for the Medal.
- Sept. 9-13, Park 2 Park Montana (Glacier to Yellowstone).
- Sept. 14, Huckleberry 100 in the Flathead Valley of Montana! 100 mile, 50 mile and Family Ride, 7:30 a.m. start time, Downtown Kalispell. New route features, same fantastic scenery! Bikes & Berries Food Fest after the ride.
NOTE: BAD WEATHER OR MUDDY TRAIL CONDITIONS CANCELS ALL RIDES All riders must have a signed club-membership form and a helmet to participate in a club ride! Membership forms will be available at each ride. To propose/schedule a ride, send a message. You also may click here for a Ride Information Form. Send the form to John Juras, by email, or at:
220 Woodland Estates Road
Great Falls, MT 59404
• • Bad weather cancels all rides unless otherwise noted! • •
Still looking for ride leaders.
Please email John Juras or Erin Madison to lead a ride!
Add Your Favorite Ride Here!