Bike Club Meeting April 26th, 6:30 pm, TD&H Engineering
Please join us on Tuesday, April 26th at 6:30 pm at TD&H Engineering to catch up and make plans for bicycling activities in and around Great Falls. Topics of interest include:
1. Bob Gliko, a Forestry Tech with the HLC National Forest, plans to attend the meeting to talk about trails and see if anyone would like to volunteer to work on trails in the Little Belts or Highwoods.
2. Initial efforts to expand Mountain Biking opportunities on the South Shore trails network will be presented. Also the Fox Farm connection to River’s Edge Trail via Meadowlark Drive. Other River’s Edge Trail updates.
3. Planning for an overnight road ride from Great Falls, to Fairfield Bed and Breakfast via Power, to Augusta to Wolf Creek to Cascade. Wonderful route. Need to finalize the late spring/early summer date and recruit riders.
4. Weekly road and mountain bike rides, times,
5. New downhill trail ride with easy vehicle shuttle in the Little Belts. Pick a date/time.
6. Update on STC’s bill to allow local federal land managers to decide how Americans may visit the Nation’s wildlands under their own power in quiet, nonpolluting ways.
7. Upcoming regional rides, carpooling arrangements
Should be a great meeting. Hope you will be there.