GFBC – November Meeting Notes
We had a lively meeting this month. Lots of discussions about ways to help make Great Falls a greater place to ride bicycles. Major topics included:
- GFBC wrote a $2,000 check to help fund planning and design services for the Electric City Bike Park. Good discussions focused on designer/contractor selection and next steps. A lead candidate is Pump Trax USA. More info about the project here.
- Very nice presentation from Olivia Hollis, Gt Falls’ new Trails Coordinator. We expressed our club’s commitment to maintaining and improving the Trail, especially single track. Also explored the possibility of S Shore trails expansion east of Cochran Dam.
- Brainstorming session on appropriate events for GFBC to promote in 2024. Some form of the Cascade 66 will continue with the possibility of a Gravel Race being held as part of the 66. More to follow.
- Discussion of possible MDT/City plans to remove the bike path along 6th St SW. Prepared a draft letter to send expressing our concerns. Please comment on the draft letter here. Assistance from Bike Walk Montana is expected.
- Promoted the 2024 Montana Tour, June 23-28, 2024. Awesome route info here. Promo video here, check it out! $100 off code for GFBC folks who want to sign up is GF2024.