GFBC Club Meeting Notes – April 9th, 7 pm, TD&H Engineering
MTB Items of Interest
1. Update from River’s Edge Trail Coordinator – Thanks Steffen, we are lucky you working so hard to improve the Trail.
2. River’s Edge Trail – Gravity Flow Trail Planned – Needs a location – Latest favored site is the former Smelter site.
3. Southwest Montana MTB Assn – Please join (free) and help them advocate for regional trails. They have helped us. Time to return the favor. They stand to lose Significant trails to RWA’s. Need your input in 30 days.
4. MTB weekly ride – Every Tuesday at 6 pm starting April 16. Meet at the Lewis and Clark Overlook. THANKS for resuming your leadership of this ride, Henry.
5. Trail Building – Club trail work days are planned for May and June. Details TBA. Please participate.
6. Beyond the Dam RACE and Ride – June 15 – Be sure to sign up for Great Falls premier cycling event. Even if you don’t plan to ride, sign up so you can get the very cool cycling jersey for only $15 registration fee.
7. 12/24 hours of Flathead August 17, 18, Heron Park, Kalispell – Create a team and go have a great time.
Road Items of Interest
1. Beyond the Dam RACE and Ride – June 15 – Doug Wicks Memorial Ride. Short Ride across Black Eagle Dam. Great for kids, walkers, and seniors.
2. Adventure Cycling Assn Bike Overnight Ride and Spelunking – June 1, 2 – Gravel grinder in the Little Belts. Overnight at cabin near Monarch. Ride leader John Juras. More info and registration on website.
3. River’s Edge Trail – River Dr South funding is in place. Thank you Scheels managers. Please SHOP LOCAL.
4. Rides Schedule – Weekly road rides start Thursday, April 18th, 6 pm. Meet at Gibson Park.
5. Cascade 66 – June 15
1. State Trails Assn update – Bill moving forward to double available trails funding in Montana. Please support!
2. Basecamp GF event, May 18th – More info to come
3. Bike Walk Montana – Please join to help advocate for better biking and walking in Montana.
Please contact your home district legislators and simply ask them to vote yes on HJ45. Info Here.
Bi-annual Summit in Great Falls – April 2020
4. GFBC Officer Elections – PLEASE VOTE in this Doodle Poll
Statements from candidates –
John Juras “Our club needs a new president. I’ll continue assisting as in the past, but from the back of the pack, not the front.”
Gary Arno for President – “My vision for the club would be to work towards enhancing our local cycling resources and promoting cycling within the community; to further this vision, I would to steer the club in the direction of accomplishing three goals:
1. I would like to see the club put on two trail maintenance day per year 2020. Success will be determined by the club scheduling two (2) days between the 1st of May and the 1st of June and having at least ten people attend and actively participate.
2. I would like to see the club sponsor at least one cycling event per year by 2020. Success will be determined by the club scheduling one cycling based event and having 20 non-club members attend the event prior to 31 October 2020.
3. I would like to see the club sponsor four club riders during the summer of 2019. Success will be determined by four rides being announced on the club social media pages two weeks in advance and having at least 6 people in attend and participate.
COOL Promo Story for road bicycling around Great Falls by Frank Laliberty on the Visit GT Falls website. Check it out!