GFBC – Club News
We had a fun meeting June 2nd. Meeting notes are copied below. Our next meeting is July 7th, TD&H conference room, 7 pm.
This Tuesday’s MTB ride will be in the Little Belts. Ride info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/481374929640834
Thursday road rides needs ride leaders.
June 19th has lots of great bicycling options including –
- Helena MTB Shuttle Ride led by Ethan Miles. Contact Ethan to reserve a spot.
- The Cascade 66 road ride
- Cochrane Dam is open for MTB crossings.
President: John Juras VP: Ethan Miles Sec: Sarah Miles
Treas: Bryce VanOverbeke Social Media VP: Nick Boyer
- Bender creek date? Blowdown trees have been cut, trail needs cleanup of branches.
- August 21- York 38 race
- September 11- Big River Ruckus Ride – GFBC promoted – will cross Cochrane Dam
- Stickers now available- placed in local bike shops
- July-Crystal Lake date
- July- Pilgram Creek date
- August- Park City Utah, August 26-31. Henry in charge, more information on Facebook.
- New concrete 1st Ave bridge to skate park
- South shore expansion; Cochrane to Ryan: Approval from Parks and Rec to proceed
- 10th Street bridge grand opening September 11
- In need of more coaches to allow for more kids to join
- Training is offered online, 7-hour course to get level 1
- Meeting every Tuesday & Thursday @ 4:30
- Club voted on donating shirts for uniforms
- Reach out to Bryce for more information
- Basics of overnight riding
- Bike packing
- Warm shower website- couch surfing for bikers
- September 11 is the sports, art and music festival
o Club voted on organizing a ride/race
o Start at 10th street bridge, ride across dam; 10-12 miles
o Simple version: 3-4 volunteers
o Long & short loop?
Submitted by: Sarah Miles; Secretary 6-6-2021
Great Falls Bicycle Club